Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dating men is my self-esstem boost

My relationships with men has transformed  in  so many different stages. It has also taken so many different forms, all with the same goal in mind.  To be perfectly honest I want to fall in love, and start a family. I want to meet the right guy for me, which means I am the right girl for him.





Love has everything to do with weight loss trust me. It's a little bit of the reason why I am on this little journey to weight loss. I'm not saying  I can't get a date, because this is not the case at all. I'm just not finding what I am looking for and I think this is because I am looking for perfect and someone to fall head over in love with me right away, but I do have standards these days. I say this, because if anyone knew me when I first started dating I usually only went out with a guy if he was hot there was no other need base. Just super-hot, so needless to say I dated jobless, drug addicts, who lived with their Mom and had even, drove her car. As long as you were hot, which helps boost my self-esteem. I date super good looking guys for just that reason. So that no matter how  fat and ugly I think I am, If I have a hot dude in my life I feel beautiful. It's that attitude of if I can get this guy I must be hot.





I didn't date in high school. I had a lot of crushes. I also was overweight and uncomfortable in my skin. My first serious relationship was with my son's Dad and that was a very unhealthy relationship. I moved on to a relationship of obsession with a guy I liked. Then I got into another relationship which was  filled with drugs, alcohol and anger. So I was in a relationship with really no breaks, each of these relationships where piggy backed off of each other. I started my first relationship in 2001 and ended the last relationship in 2009. That is 8 years of my life in a relationship. During this time I had no idea who I was or what I wanted. I depended on all these men to full fill my need, emotional, physical, financially, and also I had them make choices for me. I even made friends that made choices for me.





After the last relationship I had I made the choice to be Single and sexless and focus on myself. I followed thru with this and focused on myself and did some deep internal work. I did this a couple times, except the second round was no sex, but I dated the second time. This taught me even more about myself. Now I date, I don't just date 1 guy at a time. I date 2, 3, 4, 5, guys at one time.





I started online dating months ago and I have learned so much about myself. These are the things the learned about me. I'm beautiful, fun to be around, driven to be the best person I can be, hardworking, witty, smart, brilliant and amazing. I am lucky to have turned out to be the women I am, because I could have turned out to be far worse. I have had to learn to be the person I am today. I have had so many wonderful people walk into my life and guide me. I had no choice, but to learn. I have no choice, but to be the best possible person I can be and love and forgive people. Yes, I drink too much, eat too much and date a lot of men, but those are the tools I have learned to make myself feel good!





Dating is also now starting to take a different turn. It use to make me feel good when men were sexually attracted to me. I enjoyed the feeling of being wanted, but now I am getting bored with it. Knowing that I can have sex with pretty much every guy that asks me on a date makes me want to save it for someone special. Yes, of course I want to have sex. I love sex, but I would rather enjoy it with a man I love. The truth in dating is this, all guys want to have sex, but if I keep saying no sex it shows me which one actually want to spend time getting to know me as a person. Then comes the fun part seeing if the guy has what I am looking for and I have learned so much from dating, I know what I am looking for I have a person I am looking for imprinted in my mind now I am just wanting for him to come.





The main issue that is holding me back from getting what I want is me. I am holding myself, back from the guy I want, because I don't think I deserve a good guy. I think I am too fat and if he finds a girl skinner then me. I am getting replaced!! Also a girl that drives a nicer car, lives in a nicer apartment, has a better job and is better looking than. I feel like all men these days care about are martial passions, money and trophy wife. I am looking for something so much different. Trust me I have a 6 page list!! I'm not joking, it's pretty crazy.





I just have 4 very important rules:





1. No abuse what so ever..Never..I mean it  and if a guy ever talks down to me he is gone. I actually really have to remind myself of this rule when a guy comes back and is all sweet and loving, because that is really hard for me. I have let a guy I dated recently crossed this line, because he told me he loved me. I can tell you this though, I'm not letting it happen anymore.





2. I do not pay for men, unless we are in a relationship or friends or we have been trading off on dates. I do not buy man’s love and they also do not have to buy mine.



3. I am allowed to say no to sex. Even if it's in the middle of a hot and heavy make-out, if we are dating, if we had it before, and even if i said I wanted to do it. I am allowed to change my mind and so is he.

 4. He can not have been to prison( unless he changed his life, I have seen this happen), He can not be a drug dealer, on drugs or commit crimes.



I have these rules because I believe with my whole heart that a healthy relationship, does not allow these behaviors. Also cheating is a big No No. I don't think its ok, once the choice has been made then it's out of respect for the other person to not wonder. Again this is my belief. I have no judgment on others, because I believe we are all learning.





Since this summer I have been dating and the more dating I do I realize just what I am looking for. I really don't need to do anymore research. I also know that I can stop looking now, because when the right guy comes along I'll know. I'm pretty sure. I'm actually pretty sure I already know who the guy is that I am going to be with. I just need to let time and me working on these huge leaps to work out and in due time life will all work it's self out. I am really happy to be me and I know that I just need to focus on the things that are holding me back!! I am so excited to see where life is going to take me, but I am also afraid I am going to fail. I feel like I am always going to be struggling with money and what I want to do with my life. I feel like I am always going to be struggling with my drinking and weight loss!! I feel lost about these things right now and that is why I am writing this blog I guess. I am sure all the answer will come in due time. I am giving myself a year to focus on these issues!! It'll all work out; I have great people and God behind me. I am one lucky Woman!!

No comments:

Post a Comment